In a nutshell:
Monitoring services are watchful eyes over your cloud resources - making sure they work well, stay safe, and provide performance insights.
Azure's monitoring services include Azure Advisor, Azure Service Health, and Azure Monitor for improved performance, security, and custom alerts.
What are monitoring services?
Monitoring means closely observing something over time and making sure it performs well, stays secure, and runs efficiently.
Monitoring services in cloud computing are watchful guardians for your cloud-based resources. They:
- Make sure your resources work well and stay safe
- Alert you if something goes wrong
- Track and analyse performance over time
- Give you advice on what you can do to improve your resources' health, security, cost and performance!
Are there any monitoring services in Azure?
You guessed it - there sure are!
Azure's monitoring services include Azure Advisor, Azure Service Health, and Azure Monitor. We'll be diving deep into them in the next module. Here's a sneak peek:
- Your cloud improvement consultant
- Offers suggestions to enhance performance, security, and cost-efficiency
- Scan your Azure resources for recommendations
Azure Service Health
- Your go-to health monitor for Azure
- Keep tabs on the Azure services and regions that are relevant to you
- Set up alerts to stay informed about service issues
- Your watchful eye for data collection
- Monitors Azure, on-premises, and multi-cloud resources
- Keeps an eye on applications and resources, and can take action when needed